June 1st, 2023 – Registration
Registration is OPEN! Space is limited! When you click on the provided link below, you must first create a “GotSoccer” account before Registering or Sponsoring if you have not done so previously. Player Registration costs $125 for Recreation, $60 Super Starters, and Free for Sunlights. No cost for Coach Registration.
After Registration, all Coaches must complete a background check, “Safe Sport” training and “Heads Up” training from the GotSport Website. Once logged into GotSport as a coach, click on “Dashboard”. You will see the REQUIREMENTS and their status. The ones that state “Required”, click on “details” and complete the training. All coaches MUST COMPLETE THESE ITEMS in order to coach for the Season. In addition, we expect that our coaches protect our players (physically, emotionally, socially, etc). Do not use profanity. Teach soccer. Teach good sportsmanship. Help the players HAVE FUN! See the Coach Page for more details.
Aug 1st @ 7pm – Coaches Meeting @ Big Sun Soccer Complex
Mandatory for all recreation coaches of all age groups. It should be quick, to the point, and useful information. We also need some key information from you. We will be declaring practice locations and days. We will be declaring your 4 guaranteed players. We will not be changing decisions that are made on this night. If you can’t be there, please send a representative that can make decisions for you and your team. We will be requiring more out of our coaches than ever before (don’t worry, you can handle it). We will be discussing Coach Administrators and their role as well. Make-up date – Thursday Aug 10th.
Aug 14th – 18th – Player Evaluations (ALL AGE GROUPS)
- All Current Soccer Players Must show up to Evaluations (August 14-18th week).
- At evaluations we will get your player sized for uniforms and evaluate thier skills.
- There are no make-up days.
- Each player comes to ONE of the two available days.
- Please come 15 minutes early to get signed in.
- Please come wearing a white shirt and ready to play soccer with cleats and shin guards.
- We need a firm declaration or confirmation of what days they can practice. M/W or T/TH or ANY DAY
- You will present this info at Evaluation Sign-ups.
- Evaluations Schedule – Location is AT ROTARY SOCCER FIELDS – PICK ONLY ONE DAY TO ATTEND WITH YOUR AGE GROUP
- U6 – 8/14&15 Monday and Tuesday 5:30-6:30
- U8 – 8/16&17 Wednesday and Thursday 5:30-6:30
- U11 – 8/14&15 Monday and Tuesday 6:45-8:00
- U14 – 8/16&17 Wednesday and Thursday 6:45-8:00
- U18 – 8/16&17 Wednesday and Thursday 6:45-8:00
Aug 21st – Team Assignments Finalized
Check website for practice days, times, field location and coaching assignments. Coaches should contact players no later than Aug 28th.
Sept 4th – Practice Begins
Sept 11th – Waitlisted Players Accepted
Sept 15th – Game Schedule Released
Sept 18th – Uniforms Delivered
Sept 23rd – Opening Day Jamboree
Opening Ceremony 8:45 am. Double header for every team with shorter games.
Oct 7th – SuperStarters Begins
Oct 16th – Picture Week (Tentative)
Watch for schedule on website, social media, and emails.
Nov 11th – Closing Day – Last Day for Games
Dec 2nd – AllStar Games @ Belleview
How are teams created? (Includes Coach and Assistant coach “Perks”)
Teams start with a coach. Coaches may receive up to 4 guaranteed players on their respective teams. Coaches may automatically get their children or direct relatives guaranteed on their teams. Coaches are allowed one Assistant coach. This assistant coach is also allowed to have their children guaranteed on their teams as long as the number of guaranteed players does not exceed 4. At this point, if there are additional guaranteed positions that are not filled, the coach may accept sponsors. The coach may accept up to 2 sponsors, up to but not exceeding the total of 4 guaranteed players. After these guaranteed players are added to the team, all additional players are randomly assigned by the board.
What Player Perks are available for Sponsors?
Sponsors have a few of options.
- They may choose to allow their player to choose their coach, IF the coach has approved of this player counting towards one of their “4 Guaranteed Players”.
- They may choose to allow their player to “play up” from U14 to U18, IF they have a coach willing to accept this player to his team and allow them to count towards one of their “4 Guaranteed Players”. There is absolutely NO “playing up” for any players that are from any teams U11 or younger.
- If a player is waitlisted, they may participate in the sponsorship program to get off of the waitlist and be rostered for the season.
My child is “too (Insert Excuse Here)” to play on the assigned team, can they “Play Up”?
We firmly believe that players will develop best when paired with children their own age. As a rule, we do NOT allow players to “play up”. The only exceptions we will allow are:
- A player is in the U14 league and the player’s parent, grandparent, or sibling agrees to coach or assistant coach a team in the U18 league.
- A player is in the U14 league and sponsor’s a coach in the U18 league that agrees, in advance of sponsorship, to accept the player as one of their “4 guaranteed players”.
There are NO ADDITIONAL exceptions to these rules. If you do not fit in these exceptions, we Strongly Encourage you to join a travel team to best help your player improve their skills with more appropriately skilled players. If you would like more information in regards to your child playing/practicing with Ocala Premier, please contact them at email@example.com.
Sponsorships are needed and encouraged to continue to provide resources to Big Sun. Currently we are trying to raise money to Get Lighting For ALL of Our Fields! Your help is greatly appreciated in trying to accomplish this goal. Lighting will enhance our ability to have games throughout the week, have more practice time, and expand our services to accommodate more teams.
Sponsorships will have advertisements options to be highlighted on our website, at our facility, on T-shirts, verbal acknowledgment, as well as receive other player perks. The cost for Sponsorships start at $250. If you are sponsoring in order to obtain a player perk, please ensure that you understand available player perks from our Recreation FAQs Section. You must also have a coach that has approved your request before you sponsor a team. All Sponsorships are nonrefundable. Please see our Sponsorship Page for more information and the Sponsorship Form.
U18 – Rosters of no more than 17 players – 11v11 on the Field
U14 – 17 Players – 11v11
U11 – 11 Players – 9v9
U8 – 10 Players – 6v6
U6 – 7 Players – 4v4
U18 – Size 5
U14 – Size 5
U11 – Size 4
U8 – Size 3
U6 – Size 3
Player Age Groups are calculated by BIRTH YEAR. This website helps to explain – SOCCER AGE EXPLAINED.
ASSIGNMENT – Player BIRTH YEAR
SuperStarters – 2018, 2019
U6 – 2017
U8 – 2015, 2016
U11 – 2012, 2013, 2014
U14 – 2009, 2010, 2011,
U18 – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008